Girls Going Places®
Girls Going Places® Entrepreneurship Conference presented by Foster Klima and Company, Inc. and hosted by the James J. Hill Center is a one-day event held two times a year. The program is designed to encourage girls of all identities to take control of their financial future at an early age by broadening their understanding of the business world, creating an awareness of entrepreneurship and highlighting the advantages of financial independence.
The conference connects local women business owners and women in business (as Conference Mentors) together with approximately 100 high school girls per session for activities and discussions exploring business ownership and entrepreneurship. Women business owners facilitate discussions and interactive activities, and share their experiences as entrepreneurs.
2018 Spring Conference: Tuesday, April 24 (8AM to 2PM)
SCHOOL / STUDENT REGISTRATION:
Online registration will open Monday, February 26th at 12PM
Registration will close Monday, April 9th
Online applications will be open Monday, February 26th at 12PM
Application deadline is March 16th
Mentor selection will be announced March 23rd
There is no fee register or participate in this program. Schools are invited to bring up to 10 qualifying students to attend in either conference. Transportation to and from the conference must be provided by the school.
WHO SHOULD COME:
– Girls and those that identify as
– High School age
– Interested or curiosity in business, finance or being an entrepreneur
– Households headed by single women are the fastest growing segment of the nation’s poor
– Among children age 5 or younger who live in poverty, nearly half live in families started by teen mothers
– 50% of all women and children who are homeless are on the street because of no economic safety net
– 75% of women work at paid jobs, however 40% of them earn wages below the poverty level
PREVIOUS STUDENTS LEARNED:
“Listen to your heart and mind.” – Anoka High School
“Don’t let anyone tell you what you can’t do.” – Andover High School
“Be curious and open minded.” – Como Park Senor High
“Believe in yourself and follow your dreams.” – Leap High School
For questions please contact Lily Shaw at firstname.lastname@example.org.