The Hill Reference Roundup
From Georgia to NOVA…
October at the Hill was buzzing with visitors from as far as Georgia to our own Nova Classical Academy. They stopped in to build lists, research start ups or just catch a glimpse of history. Another prefect example of the vast array of people our Reference Specialists visit with day to day.
Here are some of the examples of who, what and why people stopped in…
- Our reference library staff assisted over 130 researchers in October.
- Most researchers were from Minnesota, though one researcher this month was visiting all the way from Savannah, Georgia.
- Several researchers this month came to use our resources to build a list of businesses.
- It was a great month to build a list of businesses, as we began a subscription to A to Z Databases this month. Come check out this new resource, with the most up-to-date data and a user-friendly interface.
- The majority of our visitors in October are in the start-up or growth stage of their businesses.
- One researcher investigated digital strategy and digital disruption using our journal subscriptions to titles like Harvard Business Review, McKinnsey Quarterly and Sloan Management Review.
- Another researcher explored demographic data related to recreation trends to help develop a marketing plan.
- A group of about 30 students from Nova Classical Academy stopped in to view our space. As one girl gazed at the second level of the building in awe, she asked our librarians, “What do the people in those offices do?!”
We look forward to seeing you at the Hill. Contact a Reference Specialist today!