January Reference Round-Up
Lists, Leads and Trends…
- Our reference library staff assisted over 120 researchers in January.
- Most of our researchers this month came from Minnesota, but we also received a visitor from Wisconsin, one from North Dakota, and one from Indiana.
- Our librarians gave a presentation at the end of January on how to use library resources to learn how to research industry trends, how to expand a business into new markets, and how to research an industry. The presentation was designed with established business owners in mind.
- Two researchers stayed after the presentation to do research, using the databases they had learned about in the presentations. Both of these researchers created marketing lead lists for their businesses, and one performed market research as well.
- Several researchers this month were writing business plans. Some were writing them as part of a Women Venture class, and others were writing them on their own.
- Many researchers came to the library to build lists of businesses, either as sales lead lists or to gather information on competitors or as part of a job search.
The James J. Hill Center’s reference library is a world-class research facility with an unparalleled collection of print materials and online databases dedicated to business and leadership. Take research to a new level with free access to powerful business databases and resources. Entrepreneurs can generate lists of companies matching user-defined criteria and find thousands of full-text articles from business magazines, industry specific financial metrics, lists of grant-making foundations, consumer psychographics, and geographically-specific market data. If you are unable to find what you are looking for, call or email our Reference Specialist to schedule an appointment 651-265-5500.
Trackback from your site.